CNC Machine Programming and Operation
Conventionally, an operator decides and adjusts various machines parameters like feed, depth of cut etc. depending on type of job , and controls the slide movements by hand. In a CNC Machine functions and slide movements are controlled by motors using computer programs.
- Introduction to CNC M/C's and fundamentals of programming.
- Creating manual part prog. for CNC turning m/c and CNC milling machine with FANUC control system.
- Checking the CNC part programmes on dedicated computer simulators.
- Practical's on dedicated trainer machines of CNC lathe & milling.
- Coordinate System.
- Units, incremental or absolute positioning.
- Coordinates: X,Y,Z, RX,RY,RZ.
- Feed rate and spindle speed.
- Coolant Control: On/Off, Flood, Mist.
- Tool Control: Tool and tool parameters.
- Programming consists of a series of instructions in form of letter codes.
- Preparatory Codes.
- G codes- Initial machining setup and establishing operating conditions.
- N codes- specify program line number to executed by the MCU.
- Axis Codes: X,Y,Z - Used to specify motion of the slide along X, Y, Z direction.
- Feed and Speed Codes: F and S- Specify feed and spindle speed.
- Tool codes: T – specify tool number .
- Miscellaneous codes – M codes For coolant control and other activities